This website has been created by Julien M. Allaz during his post-doc position from 2009 to 2012 at the University of Massachusetts,
Amherst (USA). The idea of this database originates from a request from M.L. Williams & M.J. Jercinovic (UMass, Amherst), who desired
an easy-to-manage electronic database for standards and analysis labels. Since then, this website is continuously improved, and J.M. Allaz is the
unique responsible person for these updates. J.M.A. is extremely grateful to N.C. Scherrer (Bern, Switzerland), who first
designed a FileMaker-based database for the electron microprobe at the University of Bern (Switzerland), which has inspired the present web-based
database. Any comment and suggestion for further update are welcome!
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge
the website as the source of the material.
- If you have been offered a copy of the script and the database, you CANNOT share it with anyone else without
permission of J.M. Allaz.
You may not, except with the express written permission of the webmaster (J.M.A.) or the microprobe lab manager (see below), distribute, modify or commercially
exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
This website also uses freeware codes from third parties:
- "jQuery date picker": popup calendar from Kevin Luck
- "JpGraph": library for charts creation (website).
- Navigation bar from Superfish (website)
- Navigation tabs from Sandeep Gangadharan © 2003 (website).
- "reCaptcha": Google script to generate captcha
- ...and several tiny bits of code found randomly on the web (thanks to Google!).
To obtain a copy of this website design (with a partial content of the database*), contact Julien (webmaster [at] geoloweb.ch).
Thank you for your cooperation!
Julien M. ALLAZ
* The partial database include the full database structure, the X-ray line table, and a login access to the administration section
for your own copy. Upon request and agreement other table contents might be included (e.g. standards, analysis label...).